Learn These Critical Steps to Take After a Dog Attack in San Diego
Americans love their pets, especially dogs. In fact, there are over 78 million pet dogs in the United States. While most of these four-legged friends are loyal and docile, there are some bad that cause problems.
Dog bites are extremely painful and can be the cause of serious injuries and infections. Dog attack victims are often left injured, scared, and in shock, not knowing what to do next. Learning what to do after a dog attack can minimize long-term effects of the injuries and help build a case.
After being bitten by a dog in California, the victim should:
- Always stay Calm – Being bitten can be very. Many victims panic after being bitten. It is important to stay calm and respond in a manner that will keep the situation under control.
- Assess the situation – Determine the severity of the bite. If the bite is severe, call 911 and let the paramedics handle it. If it is minor, clean it and seek medical attention to ensure proper treatment.
- Gather information – Gather all the names and addresses of witnesses, the dog owner, and the person who had custody of the dog at the time of the attack. Also, be sure to take pictures of the injury.
- Report the incident – All dog bites in San Diego should be reported to animal services. An animal services officer will give you forms to fill out. The bite should also be documented in a police report.
- Seek representation – If you have been bitten by a dog you may be entitled to compensation. The experienced San Diego dog bite lawyer Keith J. Stone can help. Call 888-59-HELP-NOW to schedule a free case evaluation. Our skilled and compassionate team is here to help relieve your stress and obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact us today.
San Diego, Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura Counties including the cities of:
San Diego, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Riverside, Chula Vista, Irvine, Glendale, San Bernardino, Huntington Beach, Oxnard, Fontana, Moreno Valley, Oceanside, Rancho Cucamonga, Santa Clarita, Garden Grove, Ontario, Pomona, Palmdale, Pasadena, Corona, Torrance, Escondido, Lancaster, Orange, Fullerton, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, El Monte, Inglewood, Costa Mesa, Downey, West Covina, Victorville, San Buenaventura (Ventura), Norwalk, Burbank, Carlsbad, Temecula, South Gate, Murrieta, Mission Viejo, Rialto, Compton, El Cajon, Carson, Vista, Westminster, Santa Maria, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, Hawthorne, Alhambra, Hesperia, Whittier, Newport Beach, Chino, San Marcos, Buena Park, Lakewood, Indio, Baldwin Park, Chino Hills, Blythe
Keith J. Stone also handles cases originating elsewhere in California and across the USA.