Damages that Can Be Recovered in a California Premises Liability Case
Premises liability in California holds the owner or occupant of property legally responsible for injuries and accidents that have occurred on that particular property. These accidents can range from slip-and-falls—the most common premises law accident—at a grocery store, to being injured on a carnival ride.
Premises liability law can be confusing to many people who have suffered an injury. This is why it is important to contact a San Diego premises liability lawyer to figure out the best legal route to take. Unfortunately, there are those who decide to take on a case on their own. They do not realize they should have used an attorney until after damage has been done or it is altogether too late.
By using an attorney, a victim will be able to get the compensation they deserve. Some of the compensation that can be recovered in a premises liability case includes:
- Medical Bills – The amount of money you spent on medical treatment, devices, hospital stays, and any other incurred cost due to the incident may be recovered.
- Future medical bills – Many times, injuries can create long-term-treatment needs. These future costs that are needed can be covered under a settlement. A medical doctor will be able to calculate this amount.
- Loss of wages and future wages – If the accident causes the victim to miss work or left them unable to continue to work in the future, they can sue for the loss in wages.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering damages include physical pain resulting from your injury. The damages are based on the severity of the pain and how long you will likely be in pain.
- Property damage – Damages to property that were caused by the accident can be recovered.
If you feel you have a possible premises liability case, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Contact a California premises liability lawyer at the law offices of Keith J. Stone. Call 888-59-HELP-NOW to discuss your legal options.
San Diego, Imperial, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura Counties including the cities of:
San Diego, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim, Riverside, Chula Vista, Irvine, Glendale, San Bernardino, Huntington Beach, Oxnard, Fontana, Moreno Valley, Oceanside, Rancho Cucamonga, Santa Clarita, Garden Grove, Ontario, Pomona, Palmdale, Pasadena, Corona, Torrance, Escondido, Lancaster, Orange, Fullerton, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, El Monte, Inglewood, Costa Mesa, Downey, West Covina, Victorville, San Buenaventura (Ventura), Norwalk, Burbank, Carlsbad, Temecula, South Gate, Murrieta, Mission Viejo, Rialto, Compton, El Cajon, Carson, Vista, Westminster, Santa Maria, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, Hawthorne, Alhambra, Hesperia, Whittier, Newport Beach, Chino, San Marcos, Buena Park, Lakewood, Indio, Baldwin Park, Chino Hills, Blythe
Keith J. Stone also handles cases originating elsewhere in California and across the USA.